UK Study Visa Information
There are two student sections under Tier 4 of the points-based system:
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – This permit category is for students coming to the United Kingdom for higher education.
- Tier 4 (Children) Student Visa – This visa category is for a child between 4 and 15 years of age coming to the United Kingdom for their learning. Children between 4 and 15 years can only be educated at independent fee-paying schools.
If you are registered in a bachelor's degree application or higher at a British college then you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week for (Tier 4 General) and serve full-time during holidays or summer vacations.
Two-year post-study work visa
The British government has declared the reinstatement of the two-year post-study employment visa for foreign students. The new migration rules will benefit those foreign students who are planning to pursue their higher studies in the United Kingdom starting from 2020-21. Currently, foreign students pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree can stay back only for four months. Only foreign students studying in 27 universities can stay back for six months.
Cost of Visa
The fee for the Tier 4 General Visa is Rs 33,349. The methods of payment are stated below.
- Online using both MasterCard or Visa card.
- Through demand draft at the visa applying center and selected offices of Standard Chartered Bank.
- Through Cash at the visa applying center and selected offices of Standard Chartered Bank.
Documents required for a UK Study Visa
Appealing for a student visa requires you to bring a lot more documents about a tourist visa, by comparison. Aspirants need the necessary documents along with helping documents of financial and educational records. As the visa consultant in Jalandhar, we suggest you make sure you refer to the UK Student Visa checklist before moving to the embassy for the visa interview.
You should have the following documents before appealing:
- An accomplished student visa application form
- A letter of acceptance on the course
- Holding a visa letter does not guarantee the application will be victorious. The applicant must satisfy all the requirements of the section and any other terms of the immigration rules.
- Evidence of funds
Student Visa Process: How to Apply
There are some steps to apply for a United Kingdom Student Visa. Study Visa applications are treated within three weeks of the completed form being resided.
Step 1 : The first step is to check if you pass for the student visa or not. You need to show that you have:
- A guaranteed place at the school, university, or college where you plan to study. It is called a ‘confirmation of acceptance for studies.
- Enough money to pursue and live in the UK
Step 2 : Get your records ready
Step 3 : Apply online
Step 4 : Pay your application fee.
- Payment at Standard Chartered - You can adjust your fee at some offices of the Standard Chartered Bank. The bank will issue a request draft in favor of the The British High Commission.
- Demand draft from banK
- Payment at the visa application center - You can pay the visa application fee at the visa application center when you submit your visa request.
- Pay online - You can pay your visa request fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
Step 5 : Visit the visa application center on the designated date. You must book and visit an appointment at the visa application center to submit your request and facial identification and fingerprints.
UK Point-based Visa System
Students should be notified that the UK Visa is a point-based visa system and it is necessary for applicants to meet all the provisions of the Immigration Rules and have 40 points in total.
Students are required to have a valid Acceptance for Studies from a fully licensed Tier 4 It gets you 30 points
Students should have sufficient money to cover course fees and monthly living costs in the UK. It gets them 10 Points.
For more information and assistance you can always consult smart study freely. As we are a visa consultant in Nawanshahr, We prepare students for visa interviews and we fill all the formalities on behalf of them. You can directly check out your application eligibility with us today for free. Contact us now.